Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Adultery in the military

This current kerfluffup over sex in the top ranks of the military is disturbing, it could have set up top people for blackmail.  So, it is serious for sure.  But, I was in the Air Force, went to an uncountable number of parties in the married enlisted and officers housing units. Some were doozies too.   Enough to tell you with confidence, this kind of investigation could snowball, it could clean out the ranks.  If we start going through the emails and phone calls of everyone, a year from now Fiji will have a bigger military.

I might even owe an F4 pilot an apology, though maybe not, it was a surprise to me and I was at the wrong place at the right time, about 10 years her younger, I was pulled into a room by the pilots cigarette and bourbon breath wife, did what was suggested, was put back in the hall in 10 minutes with stern instructions to never so much as smile or say hi to her if I saw her again.  Roger, Wilco, Out.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about the blackmail thing, but do wish people wouldn't make such an ado about the commonplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kunsan, ROK - 83-84
    The rapcon chief controller (E-9) was banging this WAF E-5 - had her staying with him in HIS quarters! Not a friggin word from the commander on down...
    Yet he condemned those of us who bar hopped and trafficed with the bargirls.

    Here is my question: Do any of these BB brain assholes know anything about discretion? I asked the LT to give SKM a crew change when we started becoming a item - well, a visible item.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.