Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Road tirp

OK, I'm on the road again.  Getting 38.8 mpg on the tank I have almost burned up, one before that was 35.4, so I jumped on the tire gauge and found I had a low one, fixed it and sha-zam, the camry hybrid rides again.  Had to drive all over Iowa for business, wore out my radio scan function trying to find something besides thumper anthems and preachers begging for money, this state has swung right at least on the airwaves.

BAck home by Fri night if the money holds out.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to bring CDs on my Kansas City trip in June. I didn't hear much thumping but I was completely unimpressed with radio stations in Iowa and Missouri. Couldn't ever hold one for long anyway.

    Note to self: next time, don't forget CDs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books on CD. I swear, I always thought those were for people that were to damned lazy to read or like them folks in Oklahoma who can't.
    I got a John Grisham on tape for my trip to Dallas - seventeen friggin hours - fantastic. I had to buy another one for the RTB.
    Hit that big Half Price Books in Dallas the next time you are down 35.


    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.