Thursday, December 13, 2012

Just a few more days and I am free of state taxes

No, I'm not retiring.  Better than that, the money I make will be tax free in the state of Kansas.  I'm a friggin job creator now, or soon will be, Jan 1.

The GOP run state decided to make more money for the state lets stop collecting tax dollars from job creators, the highest earners in most cases.  We had a surplus of hundreds of millions, now it's projected to dive into the red by the same amount in one year, and within a few years be a billion.  Oh not so not so at all say the Gov and the Repubs.  Here's how it's gonna work. ---  I don't pay taxes.  That will make me fucking rich.  I hire a guy to wash my car windows.  He pays taxes instead of me.  The state collects even more money than it use to.  Me, the window guy and the state are all rolling in dough.  That'll work, just ask anyone.

OK why don't I have to pay state tax starting next year?  Farm income, not taxable.  Small business income, not taxable.  I have a farm, and I sell crap (hey it's a business OK?).  So, you see I am a job creator.  What's my plan for the few hundred I will save?  My spending will not change one penny.  And that's what will happen with most the savings, nothing.  So, lets stop calling people in this situation, or the 1%ers or the 10%ers job creators.  Lets be honest.  Idle rich is the proper term.

For all the hubbub of this two things are very interesting.  More than one of the GOP have said they know this will crash the state into multiyear severe debt, and glad of it, bankrupt the state is the only way to cut services and make the poor scrounge for their own or get out.  (Can you say Christianista?)  The other thing is this helps the federal government pay off it's debt.  The deduction on federal income tax for state tax is lost, the added fed tax due will be about the same as the state cut, the GOP is helping Obama, and seem to be ignorant of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.