Monday, December 31, 2012

Shithead robots with no feedback

 The Yellow Fringe has recently been discovered by people who leave mindless comments  not well hidden as advertisements, and robots doing the same.   I have more than once started down the path of setting up the code puzzle window trap.  But, each time decided I rather have the door wide open.
Few of these comments end up on my blog, most end up coming to me as email.  Either way they can be dispatched with a couple of finger wiggles.
For all the apparent hi-tech-ness they possess, it blows my mind they are so stupid, they have no feedback loop.  They waste their time, they can never get any return if 100% of their efforts fail to appear.
In case you never get these, most look something like this;  "This is very interesting, I want to learn more on this important subject.  Please contact me so we can be friends.  @jerkyouaroundsales.something.

4 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm getting them too. At the rate of 3 or 4 a day. At least they're adding to our visitor totals. They've done enough for mine that Google Adsense is asking if I want to monetize since I "appear to have a popular blog". ROFLMAO

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why there is the delete thing....


    New Year messgage follows...


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I delete about twenty five spam comments and emails a day, and most are as clumsy and transparent as the example you gave.

    I have no idea why they continue to send them when none get past the filters, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.