Thursday, September 22, 2011

30 days on vegan diet, no problems, no cravings, feel fine.

30 days.  The wife's blood pressure already fell into the normal zone.  Most of the meals are fantastic, had a couple of stinkers but we had that problem sometimes before the change.  Actually we are not hard core vegan, have had salmon 2 times, shared a can of sardines once, and in Memphis 2 weeks ago I had one beef sandwich.  No dairy, and only a few eggs (whites only).  We both lost about 4 pounds the first two weeks, which since we are thin we didn't want to, but it seems to be coming back slowly, maybe a pound or two.  Heavy folks lose a lot on this diet before stabilizing.

Well it would be nice to come up with a way to save the planet, and I think I may have an idea to reduce the environmental impact of eating meat.  This one is designed to save the cost of trucking and fuel of the pre and post mortem bovine.  I suggest you get some neighbors together, buy a beef from the nearest farm and one of you walk it into your neighborhood and kill it in someone's front yard.  Make your designated eunuch beef self deliver that porterhouse and oxtail.  Is that a cool idea or what?  Not to good at butchering?  Not a prob, find some Mexican gang members to dismember it, they will be glad to get the head to throw in a local bar.   Cleanup, easy, bring your poodle's & pit bulls..  Bonus, one of you get a cowhide.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Fringe,
    Good on you and the wife - I eat salmon and cod a lot. But, I also love my monster pork chops.
    Tonight is shrimp fried rice.

    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been considering doing something drastic like going veggie or vegan to lose weight. I do like fish but like Sarge I don't think I can live in a world without pork chops. Although, it really isn't meat that's my problem, it's sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need to kill it in someone else's front yard, preferably before they wake up and call the police.....

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.