Monday, September 19, 2011

Consumers punish CEO for not being humble

A few weeks ago I said Netflix raised their prices to much at once and I would be opting for a lower price option.

About 1 million customers walked off totally, said screw it.  They are not saying how many took my choice and went to a lower price service, but I suspect it was many millions since it has prompted todays announcement they are getting rid of the DVD rentals, spinning it off to a new company with a logo that suggests a vagina, you'll see, it does sort of.  Netflix stock flopped last week. The CEO said they made a mistake, they did not explain it well, not humble enough.  He doesn't get it, he could have sent me a hand written letter telling me the prices are jumping like hell because of xyz and I would have done the same, such a price jump was a rip, no one should have set still for it.  I still would like to know how many took the lower $ streaming or the basic DVD's service?  

3 comments:

  1. I pay for premium cable (HBO/Cinemax/Starz and have a DVR. Plus something new I can get from Red Box.
    Wouldn't be without a DVR...


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he is backtracking, but not coming down on the price. I dropped the dvd service. I happen to like the older films that are on the streaming end of Netflix. That being said, Redbox works just fine for dvds and newer flicks...and is a cheap rent.

    I read his "apologetic", but self-serving email and thought, whatthefuckever.

    FUCK HIM...AND RICK PERRY!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.