Friday, April 29, 2011

Fixing One Angry Zebra

Sarge has been unable to get the icon he leaves in your follower lists to take you to his white page and show the next link to get you into One Angry Zebra.  Instead at his white page (do they call it the home page??) you have to jog through his follow list until you find his icon there and click it to get in.
Either Skinny or Scratch, Skinny I think, made a nice set of instructions to cure this, it worked for me, but not Sarge.  I kept ragging on him but he said it didn't work, so he gave me his passwords and sha-zam, it doesn't work is correct.
Anyone have a cure?  Blogger's help system is worthless.  Below is the how to, item 10 is where it breaks down for Sarge.  There is no "add link" choice for Sarge. (the window IS in the "more choice" setting). He uses aol as his email, I chose google as his operating system, any chance that's the issue?
Any blogger whiz kids?  Anyone?

Basically here is what I did.
1) I signed in to blogger like normal.
2) I went to Whit's blog.  It appears that the same stuff won't show up if you do this on your own blog, so you have to go to someone else's blog.
3) Go to where they have pictures of all their followers.  Just underneath this are the words "Already a member?  Sign in".
4) Click on the "sign in" part.
5) Then the screen gives  you options of how to sign in.  I picked Google button.
6) Then sign in on the screen that pops up.
7) Then you'll find yourself back at that person's blog you started at.  The difference is now that your icon is duplicated above all the icon pictures, and next to your icon is "Options".
8) Click on "options".
9) On the choices that pop up, click on "site settings".
10) Then the "basic" area should be shaded, and on the right of my icon was "Add links" in blue letters.
11) I clicked on "add links", and entered my blogspot URL and my site name, then clicked on "add".

2 comments:

  1. I did the instructions. I can't believe you didn't print them out and paste them up on your wall to worship each day.....LOL...

    I'll try and look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just peeked in a little. Not sure why "add links" is not showing up. You mention aol and google. Does sarge sign in to blogger using aol email or google email? Which do you use to sign into Google Connect? I wouldn't think that would make a difference, as I'd assume all that stuff would be a non-issue if you were able to get to step 10. However, since Sarge had a lot of problems earlier, not positive that some setting somewhere on his computer may be an issue. I may post a note on Sarge's site.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.