Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2 apples work better than statins

 23% correction in LDL, the lousy cholesterol, is easily achieved with two apples a day.  Do you know how many billions of dollars we spend on statins and the side effects of those drugs which often cause more expense in doctor visits and more drugs.  It's insane.   BUY A BAG OF APPLES, and EAT THEM!

And apples take up space so you don't eat as much crap, leading to a few pounds of weight loss over a few months.  Eating wisely is more powerful that most any drug.  I am a skinny guy, but I had fat blood, from eating butter cooked foods, cheeese, lots of meat.  I had a blood test and it was like, wow your almost dead, here take these pills.  I told the doctor I will change my diet and exercise more, he said (and I believe him) almost no one can do that, I said I will. Four weeks later he told me he had never seen the drugs work so well, and so fast, he was might tell the drug maker about it.  Then I told him, "doc, I never took any of those drugs, I told you I would do it myself".

 Cholesterol (target below 160), Trigliceride (below 200), HDL (35 to 55), LDL (60 to 150)
1st visit      145                                  845                                  19                       31
+30 days   135                                   390                                 26                       81
+11 month 137                                  138                                 30                       72
+10 year    123                                  220                                  25                      70

I eat meat almost every day, but very small amounts, lean, fish 2/week.  Lots of vegis and fruit, nuts, whole grain, brown rice more than white, lintels, beans, canola, walnut and olive oil.  Yogurt, rarely cheese.  Rarely canned vegi's, normally we cook dried beans and buy fresh vegi's and fruit.  Potato and pasta in small amounts.  Least it sound like a twig and seed diet, I cooked in a French/German restaurant in Germany, it's not top chef, but I know how to make things taste, my hummus has the lebanese family down the street looking in the windows wondering who lives here.

Eat those damn apples then tell your doctor your cutting back on statins, eat like your screwing the drug company.

4 comments:

  1. OK, now another says apples are the most poison of foods we eat. Have no clue if this is correct, but solve it easily, and for only a few cents more per apple, buy organic. Screw these chemical companies, crap, vote with your pocketbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post here! My governing nutritional notion: Mother Nature knows what the hell she's doing. No way would she create apples...and make them bad for us.

    Moral: Keep it simple.

    But I like the drug-screwing thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HDNelson,
    you are so right, she provides everything if you eat a variety of natural foods. Oh, and stay off sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't remember hearing about apples lowering cholesterol. Gotta remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.