Monday, June 6, 2011

Our new solar clothes dryer

Yesterday it was 99°F,  predictions today the same, tomorrow 105°.  We got up late and put the sheets in the washer.  In the summer the dryer makes the room it is in so damn hot, I hate that, suddenly I saw this rack my wife has for drying delicates and sweaters and a light goes on.  I load this puppy up with the sheets weaving over and through it and stick it on the deck.  In 15 minutes they were dry, the machine takes the same time.  The house stayed cool, the air conditioner didn't struggle, I saved hundreds of dollars in electrizzity don't you think, wouldn't it be hundreds, sure hundreds.   Either way it felt like I was fucking a rich guy, oh that's good.

Next we did a load of jeans, they take longer on the rack but wow Solar Energy.   The neighborhood I live in has all kinds of covenants, no clothes lines is one, but a rack on the deck works just fine for us and it's right at the door.  Anyone else doing this?

3 comments:

  1. Fringe:

    My mother used a solar clothes dryer for years. The dried clothing and linens always smelled so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a couple of rack units at home, and they work pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom hangs clothes on the line still today - 86 and runnin well on all 8 cylinders...


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.