Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nancy mice, were all on the treadmill and know not where it goes

OK, I shared an apartment years ago in Baltimore with a gay ex-priest, nutten happened so get your minds out of the gutter.  We had a lot of fun, it was great, he used to photo my girlfriends nude, he had a nice camera.   I helped with the lights, I liked it, I liked it a lot.  He did a little of this for wanna-be models, he liked his camera, the girls liked the photos which I assume they used in their pursuit of modeling work.  Not what I wanted to write about although I could launch a 20 pager on it.

The national laboratory released a study on BPA, the chemicals in most plastic.  Boy mice exposed to it pay less attention to girl mice, and while other boy mice do the dance of ultimate cognition with the girl mice, they don't seem to care.
The fruit cocktail of chemicals we are exposed to is not within our bodies ability to deal with.  These things are impacting us in ways we cannot fully understand, some of societies pains may be due to this cocktail making us aggressive or stupid or who knows what.   Lawn chemicals cause cancer in kids, deck and wood treatments cause cancer in pets and kids, round-up causes birth defects, lining on cans was outlawed for health reasons in Europe and Japan while the industry here crys don't do it we have no other coating without it you eat squatting around a mud puddle then you die.

I'm just saying, there are ways to avoid this crap.  I stopped spraying around the house this year, and we are seeing fewer bugs than ever.  I use some organic stuff a few times on ants.  On the yard this year instead of fertalizer I used corn gluten, it also stops seeds from sprouting so we aren't spraying for weeds either.  We buy mostly fresh produce, stay off plastic, so far, I still like those girls pictures from Baltimore.  No, I will not post them.

10 comments:

  1. Lawn herbicides are safest used in the dry form - even Weed Be Gone has Trimec in it.
    As to bugs - I still recommend a perimiter treatment of Ortho insect spray - 1 foot up the foundation and one foot out. The toxiciticy of a pestiside is based on the amount of active ingrediant (not the carrier) that it takes to kill a field mouse. Now, these critters are pretty small - and your cat, dog, kids, or spouse is a hell of a lot bigger.

    Spray safely...


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out the segue from gay priests and models to poisons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red Mosquito,
    Well, I thought it was pretty clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarge,

    You missed the point that I don't need dangerous chemicals so far this year with the organics I am using. Mix water and the hottest pepper powder you can buy and spray that, bugs hate it, rabbits won't eat the lettuce, ants scatter. We also use boric acid for ants "Revenge Ant Killer", they gather it up and take it home, kills the whole bunch, it is harmless to kids and pets. My brother used a virus for termites, killed them. I went to pick blueberries and the guy showed my wife since she is a "certified master gardner" this little credit card size piece of paper, looked like sand paper, it has thousands of microscopic wasp eggs, the wasp is almost impossible to see when it flies, need a looking glass, anywho it lays eggs in fruit worms, so he uses this instead of sparaying his blueberry farm. There are other things to. Otrho and round up are probably never going to see any more of my money, last resort mabye, but unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red Mosquito, its the plastic, it turns priests into gay photographers which are really fun and interesting people and seem to be surrounded by naked women who they don't touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha, read your last comment to Mosquito, now I understand. I thought at first you were somehow angry at the priest for not taking YOUR picture in the buff.......LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skinny
    That wasn't a goal of mine. But, at the time, at that age, I had the bod for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am surprised no one wondered about "the dance of ultimate cognition", Maybe if NAC reads it he will, he is in to philosophy and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fringe:

    "...the dance of ultimate cognition."

    Is that dance an exercise designed to increase one's critical thinking ability? :^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whit,
    Oh, guaranteed to rev up the brain fuel it on dopamine for a while, a very volatile fuel, burns the ash off the synapsis .

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.