Sunday, July 10, 2011

hot hot

Yesterday Wichita was officially 108°F.  Today I drove to the northwest  burbs from an event in the old downtown, and American Indian Dance Festival, it was beautiful and indoors, love the drums.   I don't know what they will peg it officially, but on the car system it said 117 downtown, 112 on the Kroger store half way out, north of the airport where I live it said 108, under my deck in a heavily shaded grassy yard it says 105, that's hot.

A couple of days ago the water well for the yard blew some fueses, so I had some red neck friends over and they helped chase down the problem and replace a relay and some wires, now it works.  But, I had to hear their shit, which I egg them on to tell me the latest from their side of the reality divide.  They want the Repubs to block everything to do with the debt, they want the nation to default.  They believe the only way to get rid of the dems once and for all and have an all american one party system is to crash the economy and then finally everyone will understand it is all the democrats fault.  One of them also said he would condone shooting any republican that works the dems on this problem or votes to raise the ceiling.  They also said they know corporations and the super rich have so much money to invest, and they will not hire or invest until Obama is gone, that wasn't news, I knew that, but what I have a hard time with is that people who are filthy rich will not help move the country forward even it it means they don't make as much.
I fucking hate Kansas, 70+% GOP votes in most every election.  I went in to vote at the primary and they guy told me I was the 13th dem, they had already had over 300 gop's.

6 comments:

  1. Here is how I see it: What you said about the not hiring and tanking the economy is true - It
    will come out. Perhaps, too fucking late, but it will come out. And, then; Yes, then....


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 90 at the airport in Eagle Creek across the street but the dew point is only 59 - no high humidity. Once the DP gets much above 64 you start seeing pop-up thunderstorms....


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang tight, Sarge, it's coming your way. We have it today. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. 117 deg - holy cow. Am I glad I'm here.

    Funny how this guy believed the rich would invest. You need to tell him the rich are more like vacuum cleaners than investors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nac and Sarge, hot is on the way thats true.
    Skinny, I hear that giant sucking sound all the time.

    OK they pegged it at 111 yesterday, another record. 108 the day before that, projected 105 today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fringe:

    Sounds like you need to move to San Francisco. Plenty of Democrats there. :^)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.