Thursday, July 28, 2011

netflix raised my price, I'm done, screw em, market in action

Netflix jumped my rate from about $9 per month for 1 DVD at a time and unlimited on line watching, to about $18, or I could stay at the 9 and have either the DVD or the on line, but not both.  So, I chose NOT BOTH.  I have to cancel in the next few days.  I saw on the internet they are losing a lot of customers, but they don't care, the ones that stay are paying double, so it's better for them, keep most your customers and double the price.  I do not believe they are losing many customers, most people will not give up anything, even when the price is a gouge, they want what they want.  So be it if thats your choice.  I live a comfortable life, and I walk away from jacked up prices all the time.  If more people did that, they couldn't double the price like that.  Me, I'll find other things to do.

4 comments:

  1. Though I understand and expect prices to rise once in a while, a hike like this -at a time like this- is mad.
    I had actually hoped with the intital outrage, that the sheep would turn their tail on the blood-sucking company. But like most things, people kick and scream when they hear of it, then quickly quiet down and forget all about it. And let the pat-downs continue.
    So, I lose more hope for Americans and in the meantime, I'm quiting the service also and can only hope someone else takes the chance to start up something even better.
    Off to Red Box ;) for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have AT&T UVERSE and love it - I use the DVR all the time. Netfix was history long ago...


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted something on this today, before I saw your post. Still think $18 is a decent option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skinny:

    Any time a price doubles, I am unlikely to continue to buy it. Unlike a colonial market, or a middle east market, we cannot haggle or work a better deal, our only chip to play is use your feet, walk off. I'll check your post, see if I change my tune.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.