Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thinking of the sorrow of the mothers of Norway, and all who lost their babies to killers


Henryk Mikolaj Gorecki, Symphony no. 3. (the prayer below is part of the vocals, though not part of this video.
--------
Where has he gone
My dearest son?
Perhaps during the uprising
The cruel enemy killed him

Ah, you bad people
In the name of God, the most Holy,
Tell me, why did you kill
My son?

Never again
Will I have his support
Even if I cry
My old eyes out

Were my bitter tears
To create another River Oder
They would not resotre to life
My son

He lies in his grave
And I know not where
Through I keep asking people
Everywhere

Perhaps the poor child
Lies in a rough ditch
And instead he could have been
Lying in his warm bed

Oh, sing for him
God’s little song-birds
Since his mother
Cannot find him

And you, God’s little flowers
May you blossom all around
So that my son
May sleep happily.

This prayer was inscribed on wall 3 of cell 3 in the basement of “Palace,” the Gestapo’s headquarters in Zakopane Poland: signed by Helena Wanda Blazuakowna, and the words “18 years old, imprisoned since 26 September 1944.”

5 comments:

  1. A right wing anti-Muslim religious zealot is responsible - Why is that not surprising?


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read some European news stories. People are waking up to the threat from the right, and not just in Germany, all over Europe they are saying it's time to crack down on crackpots. Extrapolate ------ Extrapolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on guys, don't buy that liberal media bilge. This guy is just some nut. Right-wing hate-talk cannot be blamed for this or anything else. Ever. Rush says. Or I'm sure he will, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kev,

    This guy was just some nut is true, but he like many others playing war games in the woods and parks all over our nation, latched onto something within the pantheon of the right. What is it that draws these moths? From what darkness comes the next one? As we have said these last few years when will the moderate muslims speak out and act, why do they let the radicals act and speak unchecked, unchallenged? What's good for the goose........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beck came out from other his fecal covered steps to say the camp the kids were at reminds him of the Nazi youth camps. I do wish he could be flushed away like the other shit. You can be sure the press in Norway will report this, he just made a wonderful nation hate his guts, wish it were true here as well.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.