Wednesday, January 25, 2012

If I can get out of paying tax, it sure as hell won't help you none.

Kansas Republicans are squirming like a jug full of ants.  Falling over one another to pass more tax cuts.  It looks like the state is going to have no income tax, no corporate tax, limit property tax rates (so cities and school districts can't pay for anything either).  Today they are talking about treating business income as a pass through to the owner.  The company makes a million in profit the owner takes it home tax free at the state level.  Gov (Koch) Brownback hired a fossil from the Reagan Whitehouse to come tell us if company owners can avoid taxes they will hire 20,000, maybe a shit load more.

Oh, but, there are going to be new taxes.  Big big hike in sales tax.  This will take millions off the Koch brothers tax burden and reduce the purchasing power of the poor, elderly, middle class, unemployed, but fuck'm they should've got there's.

Plus the oil industry is after the Kansas legislature a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries to put a mileage tax on electric and hybrid cars to raise their operating cost against the oil burners.  Pay by the mile, wasn't that a communist idea the Dems came up with a few years ago for road taxes that Rush boiled in hate and shit for a month.

OK, here's the deal, I own a farm, a share of an oil well, and I sell equipment on contract. I am sort of not really employed but sort of in business. I guess if I incorporated it as a farm/sales company I don't pay state tax and let all the fucking stupid people pay my share, ha, that's funny ain't it.  But, hire 20,000 people, nope, not one swinging dick, and, I got everything I need, I'll save it all, I won't spend any more than I do now.  Who wins?  Not the fucking unemployed!  Not the fucking state!  I won't buy a fucking airplane or another suit, I won't eat more than I do now.  Who the hell does this help?  Sure not you.

1 comment:

  1. Darrel,
    Indiana found three-hundred-and two million dollars that the state didn't know that they had. Now, there is a squabble over what to do with the money. Mike Pence is running for Governor and immediately screamed, "Cut Taxes"!
    Well, Jesus and Planned Parenthood too, but let me focus on money. So? How did the state come up with all this money?
    They fired teachers, closed schools, eliminated busing of students, and curtailed the hours in State Parks and a lot of other things that I know I should be aware of.
    The sales tax 7% - but income taxes are low - Now property taxes - while being cut are still very high. Now, we have a state rep. wating to restart all day kindergarden and give every Hoosier a check for $50. Whoopee fucking doo!
    A Grant. A Big Mac and a jug of Willett...

    Kansas may be fucked up but Indiana ain't a hell of a lot different.

    Ron

    Oh, I can't wait to see Pence speak in Evansville - I want to scream at him,
    "Pharasee Pence"!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.