Monday, January 23, 2012

Sarah Palin's targeting finally pays off

Gifford after a year of recovery but still a long way to go had to give the win to Palin.  At last a democrat held seat won by a bullet.  The best part for the tea party is that the shooter egged on by whipping up paranoia to a Santorum froth is the shooter was a ding bat.  It doesn't get better than that.  Exactly the kind of outcome the Palinist and Rush's need, the crazies that do the deed can be discounted as not one of us.

A few days before the shooting I had lunch with a tea bag buddie of mine, who ranted they should march all senators and congressmen onto the capital steps, and shoot in the head any who will not adopt the tea bag story line.  So, a couple days after Gifford's shooting I called him and suggested he must be glad.  No I never said things like that.  Well I argued you did and over a burrito I bought for you, Oh yea but I didn't mean like that, not her, that was the wrong one.    Not her!  The wrong one!  We use to eat twice a week, after I called him out on this he has only called me for lunch 2 times in a year.  Oh, did I forget to say he is a regular at one of the local mega-church's with the political statement laden marquee.

3 comments:

  1. Darrel,
    I am not sure, but I don't believe that any effort has been made to take the Glock 33 round magazine off of the market. And, yes - the old Sergeant did go gun shopping yesterday. Gander Mountain can kiss my old, well defined, ass.
    It is all about money and as long as the wing nuts in Congress get money from the NRA we will still see AK-47s, Mac 10s, and Uzis for sale.

    Darrel, I have been up here for 18 years come April and this is the first time that I have ever started being scared. All I have left is a single shot .22 and no fucking shells. Well, a baseball bat..

    As to Gifford - Your lunch associate likely wouldn't suffer much remorse if someone put a round in Obama but would grieve greatly if someone smoked Gingrich or Santorum.

    My neocon thumper asshole came into Hooters Saturday - I was pleasnt and cordial with the man and left. I just have no time for these type of negative people. Now, Charlie is differnt - that is the USAFR E-8 friend that is doing my move. We do almost screaming bouts in Hooters and venomous emails - But remain pals.
    He is driving the UHaul on the move.

    Agreeing to disagee sometimes ain't a bad thing...


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spellin is going to shit...

    That Willett is kickin in.


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarge, keep your powder dry and save as much of that willett as you can. All things in moderation.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.