Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another family member addicted to fox, lost to their drug.

I have been on a trip with family.  I am sad to report one loved member of the family is lost, lost to fox.  From shortly after breakfast till he passes out at 10pm he's on fox, a hard core user, addicted.  Lost to the family.  Replaced by an angry scared person, afraid of Obama, afraid of minorities (though he has some in the family), afraid of the debt which he isn't helping one iota (being on social security) to pay down, afraid we won't bomb Russia.

He set alone in front of a 50" TV, 100 watt bulb over his left shoulder the only light in a heavily shaded room.  I wandered in a couple times but for 3+ days he was glued to it, unable to come out to see us on our once every 3 year visit for more than a few minutes at a time.  Did I say Fox was turned up, oh boy, you could hear it anywhere in the house.    And, as I heard more, it got funny, I thought sometimes I was listening to the Daily Show.

One day last week the stock market was rocketing up, "what are investors doing" cried a female fox voice, "they don't get it, the economy is unstable, Obama is wrecking the country" whined another, pissed the market was going up.

One day they read the restaurant chain Chipoltle put out a statement if global warming accelerated they might be unable to sell guacamole.  "clearly this is a political statement" fox vixen blurted, one of the guys said, "It's not the only place you can get guacamole, I will be going elsewhere".  Another female voice, "It's sad to see this kind of politics".  Another said they contacted the restaurant chain who said it was a statement of future assets, if certain foods are unable to grow, they would not have this product to offer.

Then their stories about evil democrate lawyers running for judges who have gotten killers off at trial.  Wow, I thought it was the jury that decided that, not the lawyer, and the constitution says they should have representation and a trial.

He even takes a 100 watt bulb in his suitcase when he goes on the rare overnight.  In the hotel he removes the CFL or LED and puts in his 100 watter.  I won't use Obama's lights he explains.  Sure I know what your going to ask, didn't I tell him Bush and his congress mandated these lights, not Obama?  No, he went back into the dark to quickly.

8 comments:

  1. Now that's funny though it be a pathetic funny. He's not alone, unfortunately for "that" multitude.. A nice read Darryl "p"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop, I miss him, he was a lot of fun before the addiction.

      Delete
  2. My pal Charlie is the same. Won't read a newspaper - liberal media he calls them- FOX is his sole source of news.
    Joseph Goebbles would have been so proud...

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarge, JG had very effective methods of his own, but this, wow, it's a real tool isn't it.

      Delete
  3. I have a cousin like that. He's also one that forwards all kinds of Reich-WingNut e-mails. I had to put blocks on my e-mail accounts because he wouldn't remove me from his forward list for the "government-hating echo chamber circle-jerk"!! I'm still on his forward list because every once in a while I get a reply-all from someone on an e-mail he sent out.

    This e-mail was the one that caused me to cut all communication with my addled relative. Here is what snopes.com had to say about it.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/giffords.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kulkuri, at least I don't get that from the fox relative, he doesn't have time, with all the late breaking news he can't email anyone.

      Delete
  4. The Rat is having a bad go with the wife being in the hospital - Slack is suggested...

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I had so many adverts hung on I went with the word puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.