Friday, September 28, 2012

1968, Romney in France, a not so rich American in Viet Nam


He was for the war in Viet Nam, he went to rallies for it, but never had the patriotic vigor or balls to join up.  So while boys form middle income and poor families did his job for him he spent 1968 in France.    One more chicken hawk, now he has a hard on for war with Iran.

I remember a poor kid from highschool, parked his car beside the garage and went to Viet Nam, killed there by friendly fire.  His dad wouldn't sell the car.  It set there till the tires went flat, one day after a few years I drove past and saw it was gone.  I still hate that I drove over there, I should never have gone.
Fuck all the chicken hawks.

5 comments:

  1. Darrel,
    I had two friend uo in INDY that ducked the draft with college deferments and then kids. Both are chicken hawks. And amazingly both have sons and told me that they would rather have their kids go to Canada or Sweden than serve in uniform.
    I won't lie - I joined the AF to avoid tha draft. I didn't mine serving my country but I chose the terms. And, later I even put in a volunteer statement for the Nam. Ended up in Thailand.

    Romney dodged the draft in France and I don't think the draft was gone before Obama became eighteen.


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obama was 12 when the draft ended in 1973, and the war ended on my birthday April 30, 1975.

      Delete
  2. Obama's two years younger than me, so, no draft. He probably had to register though, pretty sure my brother did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, your raw youth and intellect, nothing can stop you.

      4/30 is the birthday, but 75 was not the year, lets just say it was a little earlier.

      Delete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.