Monday, May 23, 2011

GOP is burning Texas

The Republicans nationwide are cutting budgets, no matter who or how it hurts.  They rule with a no compromise attitude, one solution fits all, cut services, education, safety.  As a Texas drought delivers wildfires from New Mexico to I35, the GOP controlled house proposes cutting millions from the agency that fights wildfires.  Well, I am starting to see some value in letting Texas burn, but this is insanity.
At the federal level the public safety is also of little interest, already done a GOP spending bill slashed $700 million from NOAA's budget to forecast and track hurricanes.  Well, most the old South states are Republican controlled now, so, maybe it has an upside.   Beware gulf water temps are up and the windy season starting soon.

5 comments:

  1. Fringe:

    Those Republicans still "hot" for Republican candidates may end up burning up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis true. An active hurricane season is due - but I imagine that the Republicans have an eye out for their moneyed patrons in the plywood and construction businesses.

    Oh, blast me the postman's blog back channel - Mike is on my ass because I am not follwing him on the blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen the postman for lunch - done. I was spelling cuckoo's nest with a "o" instead of a "u".

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha that lunch kinda upset my stomach today. good thing i work outside. I kinda hope that the former president has problems with the fire around his compound. maybe the hydrants wont work due to cutbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Repubs seem to be cutting only some of the items, mostly things favored by Dems.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.