Sunday, May 26, 2013

did anyone hear BBC overnight?

I'm waking up, the radio's on a BBC business show, groggy, foggy, I thought I heard BBC dude say the tax actually paid by corporations to the US government has fallen from 30% of total collections to 10% in the last few years.  I didn't catch the number of years.
Did anyone else hear this?  Is this right?
I can't find the show on BBC archives on line.

If this be true, why in hell are we claimed to be overtaxed, and the remedy to prosperity is only through lower taxes for corporations and rich?  If this be true it's no wonder bridges are falling and schools failing, expect more of same.

1 comment:

  1. Darrel,
    And the Republicans always are talking about broadening the tax base - Which means - Tax The Poor More....


    Please Vote November 2014!


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments might end up in the trash.